List of Games to Play- play as a group
· Dominoes-add the numbers on the dice together, and the person who puts the next one down, has to have a value smaller than the domino it’s touching. If nobody has anything to put, the game is over.
· Dominoes-add the numbers on the dice together, and the person who puts the next one down, has to have a value larger than the person it’s touching. If no one has anything to put down, the game is over.
· Inverse Tic-Tac-Toe
· War with cards- each partner takes out two cards, and whoevers add up to more, takes everything
· Shape Shuffle
· 3-D Magnetic Fraction Shapes- build a tower
· Inverse Nim
· Hoppers- beginner level
· Cube that has to be put together
· IZZI- give the kids some time to play around and make some designs with it, taking turns adding one block to the pattern every time
· Continue-o- let the kids try to make chains of the same color, taking turns
· Continue-o- let the kids try putting squares down one at a time, and counting how many other small squares they are touching when they put the piece down
· At the end of the class, if the kids get tired of playing games, come down to the floor, and play a game of 20 questions, with every child asking a question every turn
· If there is absolutely nothing else to do, play a game of robot with all the kids- have the kids tell you what to do to get from one point to another, or to perform an action